Thursday, October 17, 2013

Brown Butter Dark Chocolate Cookies


As I already mentioned, I love brown butter and anything that is baked with it - especially if there is dark chocolate involved. My favorite cookies are these brown butter coconut dark chocolate cookies. I didn't have coconut at home so I decided to try a different recipe and am I ever glad I did!

What makes these cookies great - other than the brown butter of course - is their chewy and soft center along with the toasted pecans and of course the sea salt. I just love the combination of dark chocolate with a little sea salt, amazing!!

I used this recipe from Joy the Baker, I didn't have molasses so I just left it out and I used less granulated sugar (1/4 cup) since I prefer my cookies to be not super sweet. I also added white chocolate chunks to the request of my husband who loves white chocolate and pretty much begged me to add it. I personally prefer dark chocolate but the combination of the two turned out great.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Simple Comforts