Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Apple Crisp


One of my fondest childhood memories is my 8th birthday when my mom took me out for dinner (just the two of us) and I got to choose my favorite dessert – the most perfect apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. Before we went to the restaurant my mom told me that we are going to the place with the best apple crisp in town, and so of course I had been dreaming about it all day long. Their apple crisp did not disappoint and I can still remember the amazing combination between the crispy topping, soft apples, cinnamon and brown sugar.

At home my mom made apple crisp quite often, and since I was her baking helper I took part in baking many of these delicious desserts, but I had never attempted to make it by myself until now. I used this recipe from A Cup of Jo. It really is the best apple crisp I have ever tasted, even better than the one from my childhood memory.


The addition of brown sugar (which I absolutely love in sweets) and the vanilla bean makes this apple crisp unique and oh so delicious. I didn't have bourbon, so I guess I will just have to make it again as soon as I get some.



Images by Monique from Ambitious Kitchen, via A Cup of Jo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Simple Comforts